Satellite
  • Day 10

    Legoland California

    June 24, 2008 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    The last day allocated to Ximena, this time we went to Legoland. The drive from Chula Vista to Carlsbad was close to 50 minutes and Legoland wasn't that far from the motorway.

    A big car park awaited us and then we get in line to get the tickets, at least these places in San Diego aren't as crowded as Disneyland or Universal Studios.

    Once in there the first place we explored was Miniland USA and no better way to start than the Coast cruise, which is basically a boat that took us around the lake for a close encounter to the replica of some of the most iconic landmarks on earth (Sydney's opera house, Taj Mahal, Mount Rushmore etc), After the boat we explore the miniland on foot. The constructions are superb and representing many American's cities (New York, LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas etc), the attention to detail is simply amazing.

    Time to have some fun so we went to the Land of Adventure where Ximena jumped on the Waver Racers and the Bionicle Blaster. We passed the Lego Coaster (even though it looked like good fun) and went to the next area where there were some rides for little kids, there Ximena went on the planes and the beetle bounce.

    Castle Hill had rides for older kids so we mostly spent the time observing them, the Knight's tournament would certainly leave you dizzy with so many twisting and turning. Yovanna rode the Dragon while Ximena was doing The Royal Joust, some sort of medieval horse riding.

    After Castle Hill we arrived to Pirate shores. Ximena wasn't sure about the Splash battle but we eventually rode it 3 times, it was good fun to go around getting completely soaked and getting others soaked on the way. Ximena and Yovanna then jumped on the Captain's cranky challenge.

    We then went to Fun Town were we entered a fire fighters competition, of course we lost it because the other teams had older kids but it was quite funny and energetic.

    Too much to see on one single day so we had to keep moving, Ximena had a driver license at the Volvo driving school and then we went to Explore Village to ride Safari Trek, the lego animals were incredible.

    Before leaving we explored Imagination zone were there were some amazing constructions like Einstein face, Bob the Builder, Batman among others
    Read more