Satellite
  • Day 3

    Victoria Harbour

    March 8, 2009 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Ok today was cloudy again but fingers crossed this would improved during the day, according to the weather forecast.

    After yesterday's dramas with the breakfast we decided to have it at the hotel, besides we had our discount voucher for two more days.

    Back on the train we left at Tsim Sha Tsui and following the signs we got to exit J (this is a really big station) and then to the Avenue of stars.

    The views from the Avenue of stars across the harbour are spectacular, unfortunately in our case the fog was still there so this sort of ruined our photos. The place also offer great photo opportunities, specially with the Bruce Lee statue.

    At the end of the Avenue of stars we arrived at the clock tower and then the star ferry pier were we boarded the ferry to get across the Harbour. At the other end the ferry dropped us close to the impressive 2IFC building and the bus terminal were we took the bus to the Peak Tram, yes we were going to give it a crack

    At the peak terminal we found a wax statue of Jackie Chang and other memorabilia, the ride to the top is really steep, 45 degree angle or so. Once at the top we couldn't stop staring at the amazing curves of the Peak Tower, inside there there are souvenir shops, antiques shops and restaurants. The fog was still there so we didn't get to see HK skyline so after having lunch we left the place this time by bus so we could get a train connection to Causeway bay.

    Causeway bay is a Mecca for shoppers, department stores everywhere and people, lots of people running around. We went into SOGO and Times Square both of them are huge and one can easily spent hours in there (especially my wife looking for that bargain). Anyway nothing really caught my attention I was still frustrated with the peak.

    Back in the hotel we had dinner in a Chinese restaurant in the nearby Pioneer centre.
    Read more