Satellite
  • Day 4

    Ocean Park & The Peak

    March 9, 2009 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    oday was the day allocated to the little one, we had to decide between Disneyland HK or Ocean Park, we opted for the last one considering we had visited Disneyland California less than a year ago with some really bad memories due to the crowds, lanes etc etc.

    This time we had breakky at McDonalds and then by train to central station, from there we caught the 629 bus to Ocean Park.

    The bus didn't drop us at the main gate but at a gate located close to the Adventure land section of the park (Tai Shue Wan), quite convenient because it wasn't that crowded. One of the first rides we took was the Raging river, then a series of long escalators took us to an upper level where we headed to the Ocean Theatre for the dolphin and Seals show.

    I must admit the show was a total disappointment, other than the initial Latin music played by some Mexican folks the dolphin show was totally embarrassing, the dolphins didn't seem to follow any orders and acted randomly unlike anything we experienced before at Sea World back in Gold Coast or the one at Sea World San Diego. The Seals looked more tamed and put up a good show.

    Disappointed with the dolphin fiasco we went to the the Marine World, here we found the big thrills starting by the Abyss and the Dragon, yes that's what we were here for......

    Some lunch after recovering our breath and then to the cable car to the lower section of the park. The cable car offers superb views of Repulse bay and the South China sea.

    At the bottom section of the park we visited the Madagascar 2 display the Panda exhibit (much easier to see pandas here than in San Diego zoo) and then we went to the Whiskers Theatre to see a show, quite funny even though it was in Chinese we got most of what was happening.

    The skies weren't blue at all but the fog had gone so we decided to visit the Peak again, getting on bus 629 back to the city we experienced the terrible traffic jams in HK.

    Back on the Peak and as expected the views were incredibly amazing, HK city, Kowloon peninsula, Wan Chai, Causeway bay..... we waited there after dusk we had a view to the city at night and the wait paid off, the city is even more beautiful at night............I couldn't be any happier
    Read more