Satellite
  • Day 6

    Stanley Markets

    March 11, 2009 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Our last day in HK, we are certainly going to miss this place.

    After checking out of the hotel we went back to Kowloon station to register our bags at the counters, yes we didn't need to go to the airport of leave the bags back in the hotel instead we went to Qantas counter at the station and they deliver the bags straight to the Airport.

    With some spare time (our flight didn't leave until 10pm) we decided to go to Stanley Market for some last minute shopping. Instead of using the ferry we went on train to Central Station and then walk to Exchange Square. It took us sometime to find the 6A bus stop.

    Stanley market is not far in distance but the bus ride is tedious due to traffic and roads, we passed by Repulse Bay with its eccentric buildings for the Honk Kongese upper class that sort of reminded me of "Cerros de Camacho" back in Lima.

    Stanley market is located in the Stanley bay and is clearly signalized in English and Chinese, this is another street market selling all sort of things ranging from clothing, souvenirs, toys, paints etc etc. Lots of tourist in the area looking for a special bargain. I got myself a Chinese chessboard game quite nice, my wife didn't stop staring at things so I went for a wonder to promenade and small temple.

    As dusk came upon us we were ready to go back to HK city and then to the airport, this adventure was coming to an end
    Read more