Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Brighton beach & St Kilda

    September 19, 2011 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today is beach time.....

    Today we were going to explore a couple of Iconic beaches: Brighton and St Kilda, last time we were here was in Winter so St Kilda was awfully cold. This time it was different.

    After getting our tickets at the train station we were on our way, not longer than 10 minutes and then from the window of the train we saw the water, yes we were in Brighton beach. We were coming here to have a look (and get a photo) with the famous bathing boxes, a symbol of Victoria (we actually found out that wealthy Victorians pay up to a quarter of a million for one of them.

    From the train station it was close to 500m walk along the esplanade to where the boxes were, the beach itself was nothing out of the ordinary, well coming from Gold Coast it is quite difficutl to get impressed with a beach......... anyway, the boxes were awesome though, all lined up with an array of colours giving the area a wonderful view, time for some photos.

    Back on the train again this time we hopped out in Balaclava station and from there via Tram we arrived in St Kilda....

    Great disappointment to Ximena when we found out that Luna Park did not open on Weekdays and today it was Monday, bugger well maybe we were too used to Dreamworld than we just took for granted that they were opened.

    Anyway, time was flying quickly so after getting some lunch in one of the many cafe on Acland st we were back on the esplanade exploring the Jetty and then the Pier. There are supposed to be some marine wild life at the end of the pier but with that many people the little fellas must have been hiding.

    Back on Acland st to get some afternoon snacks and then all the way back to the hotel, tram and train were really crowded, oh yes it is Monday and not everybody is on Holidays. In such a manner it was good to go to Melbourne city over the weekend because the trains coming on the opposite direction looked like the Bombay express...

    Back in the hotel, time to pack up.......Tomorrow we were heading to Geelong and the Great Ocean Road
    Read more