Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Arriving in XI'AN

    April 10, 2012 in China ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We woke up early in the morning and packed up all our stuff. The staff at reception spoke limited English however checking out was relatively easy. It took us less than 5 minutes to get a taxi to the airport, a bonus compare to the dramas we had on Monday. The taxi ended up costing us 90 Yuan not bad compared to the 300 Yuan I paid for the pre-booked Van that picked us up on arrival.

    Beijing airport is massive with several terminals, fortunately the girl at the restaurant were we had breakfast founded that our flight was leaving from Terminal 3 and wrote it down in a piece of paper in Chinese characters for the taxi driver.

    After checking we had some lunch and then just waited for our flight, this was our first time in Air China.

    The flight was quite comfortable actually, the plane was fairly new and the messages were given both in Chinese and English, we arrived in Xi'an around 5pm. Instead of looking for a taxi I booked a shuttle van at the airport for 200 Yuan (I know I didn't learn the lesson in Beijing)

    50 minutes later we arrived at the Days inn hotel, our first impression was positive, the hotel looked much better than the one in Beijing so things were starting to improve.

    We had some dinner in the mall across the road from the hotel, this time we were prepared with our list of Chinese phrases, however the menu was also in English so no problems this time

    Tomorrow we were going to visit the Terracota Warriors
    Read more