Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    The French concession

    April 15, 2012 in China ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Our last day in China, our flight was scheduled to 7:45pm so after checking out we left our baggage under custody at the hotel and went to explore the French concession and Huaihai road which according to book guides said rivaled Naijing road.

    We left the metro at South Shaanxi road and then walked along Huaihai road. Naijing road has definitely more to see but Huauihai is far less crowded. The prices were still astronomic though.

    The houses and roads along the French concession are a good representation of French architecture with balconies and Verandas. The restaurants around the area offered not only Chinese food but also European options however the prices were a bit high so we went back to Dapuqiao station and had lunch there in a typical Chinese restaurant.

    We were back at the hotel at 3:30pm and the taxi we pre-booked at reception was already waiting for us, 50 minutes of dangerous driving along the motorway and we arrived to Pudong airport just in time to check in at QANTAS counter. From there we just waited for the plane that would take us back to Brisbane via Sydney.
    Read more