Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    The Rocks & Luna Park

    November 23, 2013 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today the weather wasn't perfect so we postponed again Bondi beach (sunny day forecasted for tomorrow) so we took some time to explore The Rocks and Luna Park.

    Really good weather in the morning. There was a huge cruise ship at the International terminal and plenty of tourist filling quickly every corner of Circular Quay.

    We stroll along the water front all the way to Sydney Harbour Bridge where we captured great views of the Opera House. We then visited the weekend market, nothing especial and a bit touristy but enough to keep us busy.

    We spent some time walking around old buildings, including the oldest pub in OZ land. By now Ximena was really impatient so we grabbed the ferry for Luna Park.

    Similar to the one in St Kilda, I felt some especial charm in the place, like looking at something from the past. Definitely different to the theme parks in Gold Coast.

    Of course Ximena, a roller coaster maniac, couldn't resist getting 10 times on the Wild Mouse before a torrential rain started. Fortunately we found some shelter and had some lunch. It rained for about an hour and then clear sky again.

    After several rides, Ximena was getting tired and with some thunderstorm fast approaching we went back to the hotel to have a rest. The storm never reached Sydney so after having dinner we went to Circular Quay to have some photos of the Harbour at night and why not have a cup of coffee. Tomorrow is our last day and weather permitting, we will visit Bondi beach
    Read more