Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Statue of Liberty and Times square

    July 2, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We started the day with a quick breakfast and then on the Subway to South Ferry station. From there a quick walk took us to battery park and the Liberty cruises. The line to get on the boat wasn't that long at this time of the morning (9:30 am) so after going through some bag screening we boarded the boat. A short trip took us to Liberty Island, unfortunately we sat inside the boat and couldn't get any good pictures of the statue.

    At the island we walked along and took pictures of the statue from the base.

    Back on the boat we sat on the left side and this time we took nice pics of the statue. We went then passed by Ellis island, although we didn't get of the boat.

    Back in Battery park we walked to 9/11 memorial and then passed by Freedom Tower, the new tower adjacent the old location of the Twin towers.

    After some lunch in Maccas we went back to the hotel for some rest.

    Later that night we went to famous Time square for some photos and souvenirs. There were some street performers however the place was so packed with people that it was hard to move around.
    Read more