Satellite
  • Day 12

    Sin City

    July 6, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    Right, our Vegas experience started today. Coming that late last night meant that we did not get up until 10 am, luckily we noticed last night a Starbucks inside the hotel so we quickly rushed there for some breakfast. There are other restaurants but they are to upscale.... This time we realised that the only way to get in/out of the hotel is via the casino and all its countless pockie machines, pocker tables, etc.... not to mention the terrible smell of cigarette and god knows what else.

    Anyway after breakfast we tried the swimming pool.....well the only inch available in this super crowded pool. on top of that the sun was so intense that we only lasted 45 minutes or so there.

    We then went out to enjoy the sun......ah the sun, more intense that this perhaps at the Sahara. Anyway we had lunch at a little food court across the road and then went to the Venetian, mostly running away from the sun.

    What a difference, The Venetian had a big mall with plenty of shopping and dining options, not to mention the Gondolas and plazas.

    At night we first checked the Volcano explosion at the Mirage, the only positive thing we saw at this hotel, we then visited the Caesar Palace, again another paradise compared to the Mirage, and finally the Bellagio fountains show.
    Read more