Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Hollywood and Santa Monica

    July 9, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Fist day in LA. We had a good breakfast at the hotel and then we headed out for the Hollywood sign. Eight years ago we took a photo of the sign from a particular place which I couldn't remember, we followed directions to 3000 Canyon drive, as suggested by a website however the place was for hiking, checking again the address in google maps is 3000 Canyon lake drive.

    Anyway, after some great photos we then drove to Hollywood to see the Walk of fame and all that stuff. Traffic was crazy because Sunset blvd was closed due to an event to promote that stupid Ghost buster reboot movie, on top of that they closed part of the footpath so it was hard to take good photos at the Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theater, not to mention trying to find a car park. We ended up having some McDonalds, buying souvenirs and then left to Santa Monica.

    Traffic was crazy again, nearly an hour from Hollywood to Santa Monica, again issues trying to find a carpark but many more options here. We strolled at the pier and had a rest on the beach.

    Driving back wasn't that bad, still it took us like 50 minutes to get back to Burbank
    Read more