Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    The Big Mandarin - Mundubrera

    June 19, 1991 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Visited: December 2012

    The next big thing over the Burnett highway is the "Big Mandarin" located at a Caravan Park as one enters Mundubbera, I stayed over night at the Billabong Motor Inn motel located just across the road from the Caravan Park.

    It is said that Mundubbera and Gayndah produce 1/3 of citrus in Queensland and hence the Big Orange and the Big Mandarin are a proud representation of this status. The caravan park where the Big Mandarin is located, serves as a base camp for the hordes of backpackers that flog the place to pick up some money harvesting oranges and mandarins. I head all types of languages, so I just blended with the rest to get my photos.

    The managers of the Caravan park told me that plenty of people came all year round to get photos of the Mandarin, after all I wasn't the only one.

    From Gayndah continue on the Burnett highway for another 30 minutes, the Caravan Park & Big Mandarin are located on the right as one enters town (hidden behind some trees, use the Billabong Motor inn as a reference and then go across the road)
    Read more