Satellite
  • Day 3

    Garmisch-Partenkirchen

    August 12, 2016 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    The next Day we drove to Garmisch- Partenkirchen a town I never had a desire to visit BUT its so worth it!
    The Atlas Sports Hotel on the other hand was not the best and I would never stay there again, the rooms where ok and the bathroom was really nice but the bed was terrible and broke. Same with the whole area the Hotel was at, not taking care of.
    Garmisch-Partenkirchen has a great Wafflehouse which I can recommend from my heart <3
    it was the best breakfast we had so far!
    Address: Marienpl. 10, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
    After eating there we wen to the Big Ski-Jump Tower which was used at the Winter Olympics 1936, they remodel it multiple times but it still looks crazy impressive.
    From there we drove to the Partnachklamm (which is a gorge.The gorge, which acts as a natural conduit for the Partnach River, runs 700 meters or 2,305 feet between limestone walls that reach 80 meters (262 feet) high. A series of galleries and tunnels has been carved out of the rock along one side, allowing visitors to walk along the rushing river and duck behind waterfalls.)
    It was amazing!!! We loved it so much!! We even hiked over the klamm.
    That evening we went out to eat at Zum Wildschütz
    Address Bankgasse 9, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
    The food was the best real German food and so yummy!
    We had a great day!!
    On our last day we went to the tiny museum downtown Garmisch....it was soon cute I really enjoyed it a lot!
    Read more