Satellite
  • Day 3

    Craiova

    April 2, 2019 in Romania ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    We spent this day in Craiova. Our start at the Museum of Art was sitting in the Room of Mirrors - a copy of the same room in the Palace of Versailles- with its infinity reflection. Now a museum, in the past a royal palace, its rooms are organised in chronological order throughout the history of Romanian art. Actually, through art we could learn a lot about their way of life. The wars fought, the way lovers expressed their emotions, the traditions in the royal court and the natural environment that influenced all these events, namely the cold winters in Romania that were crucial for stopping the Turkish to getting further into Romanian territory. Here is also the first sculpture believed to represent modern sculpture.
    In the public Library of Craiova, besides visiting its rooms, we could watch parts of the Brazilian documentary “Wasteland”, to raise environmental awareness.

    The Museum of Romanian History was the last stop where we learned about historical facts since prehistoric times until the 1950’s. A very quick but interesting approach that, once again was a great way of learning out of the school walls.
    Read more