Satellite
  • Day 1

    First Morning

    July 24, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    I've decided to go on in English with this blog. The first day was exciting, we (my lovely girlfriend and myself) started at my girlfriend's place, headed of to Frankfurt airport by 5.30 in the morning. We parked near on a commercial parking lot near the airport. The parking lot was closed when we arrived and we had to make a call to travelcar. At the airport my girlfriend saw a sign at the drop off queue and told me that our airline only accepts 16kg for luggage. So we put a lot from our baggage to ohr cabbin luggage, just to realize 5 minutes later, that our cabbin luggage should be below 16kg in total (for me and my girlfriend).

    Thank god, that we did that, cause when we landed my luggage was lost ;). I'm sitting now here in my hotel and received a mail from the tap airline, that my luggage arrived in Lisbon this morning.

    We made the best out of this situation, bought underwear, socks and t-shirts for me and explored alfama, the famous district of Lisbon. It's a really beautiful city, and very clean for this bunch of people. We had dinner at faca & garfo (near the elevator). It's a beautiful small Portuguese restaurant and it was delicious.

    After that we explored the city a little more with it's tiny alleys. And headed to the rossio metro station. From there we did go to our hotel by metro (Ramada by Wyndham). We have a room on the eighteenth floor with a beautiful sight to the river... It's really amazing, we are loving it.
    Read more