Satellite
  • Day 6

    Wandering

    July 16, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Up at 7.30am.
    Not hard .... seem to be in bed by 8.30pm.
    Seems wandering along beaches is very exhausting.

    Off to Sandy Beach.
    Emily’s One Wheel got a lot of attention, mainly from surfers about Daryl’s age. All fascinated.
    Beautiful sunny day again and warm.

    Then a bit later, we headed out to do a rain forest walk near Woolgoolga but turned out dogs were not allowed.
    So back to the wonderful Woolgoolga Lake and beach.
    Picnic on the bank .... just pies.
    Then off for a stroll and paddle in the water.
    But I called into the caravan office to see if I could get 2 sites together for our stay.
    The lady was wonderful and after some juggling, we ended up with my original site 66 with the huge tree and #67 right next to it.
    Photo attached.
    So my van will pull in on the far right facing the tree. Bumper will drive in on the far left with her awning out towards my van and the sun shelter and my table and chairs will sit under the tree.
    Short walk to the lake for kayak launching!
    So with the 2 sites together, we will have a huge area.
    Just as well ... we have a kayak, a paddle board, Daryl’s push bike, a postie bike and a one wheel.
    ( I’m thinking of getting a pony.)

    Wandered the lake and beach.
    The sea was unbelievably warm.
    Daryl has always said that .... water temp today was 22 degrees ... and you can tell! It was beautiful.
    Home and read for the afternoon sitting in the sun in the back yard.
    Lovely day.
    Daryl put the 2nd coat of paint on the roof.
    A relaxing meal of leftovers.
    Amazing choice
    Spaghetti Bol
    Payola
    Roast pork.
    ( See how confused all this food is making me .... can’t even spell them.)

    The mechanic rang.
    Thinks he has found a part in Sydney.
    Fingers crossed.

    Great day xxxx
    Read more