Satellite
  • Day 34

    Friday!

    August 13, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Emily had work till about 11.30am so Lacey and I headed for a long walk near the lake and along the beach.
    I could hear this haunting music.
    I checked my phone in the back pocket ...
    “Nope. Not me.”
    It was a man playing a trumpet on the boat ramp into the lake.
    It was so clear and echoed over the water and sounded just amazing.
    In the still of the morning, what a treat!
    So we wandered and soaked up the music!

    Magnificent morning and hot!
    Could not believe it.
    Rain was forecast for about 4pm so were disappointed when clouds rolled in early to block the sun.
    Emily came out of Bumper most disappointed.... and then they just went away.
    Wow.
    Stunning blue skies again and hot.
    Into bathers and wetsuits ...
    And off onto the lake.
    Still water covering all the sandbars ...
    So much fun to kayak and paddle board.

    The main expanse of the lake goes back to the left into the land, if that makes sense.
    The smaller part of the lake to the right becomes the creek and flows into the sea.
    We hadn’t been able to paddle to the right before as it was too shallow.
    But that is where the water is that turquoise colour and there are several big rocks in the water.

    So Emily turned right and we paddled towards this turquoise water and rocks .... and the sea.
    We pulled our boat and board onto the far side of this creek and played on the rocks while wading (me) and swimming (Emily) in that beautiful crystal clear water.
    Lacey explored the bush land.

    It was wonderful.

    Then turned our backs to the sea and set off to the great expanse of the lake.
    We paddled and drifted.
    Paddled to the old wooden bridge way down the lake and then past the bridge to see the lake fork to our left and right.
    So, so peaceful.
    You simply cannot hear another sound, just the water from the paddles and the birds.
    I can see how people get hooked on this.
    It is just magic.

    Paddled back towards the sea and more pulling into shore and swimming.
    Then left our boats there and headed for the sea.
    So funny.
    There I was kneeling in the waves, getting accustomed to the water and was knocked straight over and under.
    Those waves pack a punch!
    This water is so crystal clear, you simply cannot believe it.
    No seaweed anywhere.
    And mad kayakers rowing out past the breakers into the open sea to fish.
    (Apparently the fishing is wonderful sound a rocky island about a kilometre off shore. Too far out for me. I like the lake!)
    Lacey was loose on the sand.
    She did not go anywhere.
    Eyes on us all the time.
    Coming towards us as the water receded.
    Bolting back to dry sand as another wave came in.

    Emily decided to carry her board back to camp but, with Lace riding point again, I rowed back across the Lake.
    More fun.

    Lunch.
    More work (Emily)
    I gave Lacey a bath.

    Then we all walked the beach to Woolgoolga and back in the late afternoon.
    Rounded the headland past Woolgoolga just to see what was there.
    A very small rocky cove...

    Dinner, pork chops and the best potato something ever!
    Emily now tends to wash up as well now that she has hot water in the bus.
    I have got off this cooking thing very easy!

    Bed.
    Blog.

    That’s it.
    Not sure what is on for tomorrow.
    Still saying rain is coming.

    Didn’t take the camera in the kayak today so few photos.

    That’s the frame of my hammock in the Fig Tree photo.
    I take the hammock off at night to keep it dry.

    Xxx
    Read more