Satellite
  • Day 17

    A new day in Houston!

    April 9, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    So our flight is estimated to leave around 12:50 pm. We shall see. Looks like our plane is coming in from Pensacola and it left on time so just maybe.... had to do a bunch of digging to resurrect that info (used Flight Aware and United’s app).

    So we finally got on the plane! Operated by Mesa Airlines, it’s a brand new Embraer 175. Surprising amount of leg room. Can stow my backpack under the seat in front of me and still have room to strertch out both legs next to it. That’s a first. No seatback entertainment but if you have the United app, you can watch entertainment on your phone or iPad. I had downloaded a few movies to my iPad, so I’m in the middle of a movie out of Iceland , “And Breathe Normally”

    Rather turbulent takeoff. - don’t think planes like all the hot air rising up from Houston.

    Landed 4:08 pm. Made it home around 6:30. Gypsy (our cat) looking ok despite having lost Willow. Following us everywhere constantly meowing. Pretty exhausted. Janet fighting the crud she often gets from these long trips and coming going badly. I’m hanging in but quite tired. All in all though, a great trip at a great price. I’ll be back later to post some of our impressions.
    Read more