Satellite
  • Day 122

    ZANZIBAR

    November 4, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    You guessed right! ZANZIBAR. We have arrived from the main land after 15 minutes of flight. YES! 15 minutes. We needed much longer to get from the bus station to the airport. Crazy.

    Here you have some details about Zanzibar in advance :D

    Zanzibar island itself is approximately 90km long and 40km wide.
    The island’s economy depends on agriculture and fishing. Considerable areas of fertile soil and a favorable climate enable the production of a variety of tropical crops, most importantly cloves and coconuts. Local food crops, such as rice, cassava, yams, and tropical fruit, are also important. Fish is an important part of the diet, and local fisheries employ perhaps about one-tenth of the population.

    And now from our feelings it´s most probably the best we have ever seen. Color of the ocean is turquoise blue and sand is sooo white that when sunshine is shining so that the reflection is really strong in your eyes. You cannot leave the house without sunglasses. We were a bit surprised that around 10 o´clock is low tide and water is so far that you cannot go to swim, but we should not complain anyway as we are in the paradise... right? :)
    Read more