Satellite
  • Day 24

    H u n g o v e r

    August 5, 2017 in Togo ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    For some reason, I was up at 7 am Saturday morning and had breakfast in the bar area at the hostel. And for some reason (must have still been drunk), I was drinking smirn off ices. So I was feeling great!

    However, poor Hope! She woke up and was SO hungover to the point where she didn't know whether to even get out of bed. We did get up though, and went for some food before the boat party (which we booked the day before with some girls who came round promoting it). Hope couldn't eat much but she had some tomato soup, and I had some chips and a cocktail. We had to arrive at Jiggys for 1 pm for the boat party. We got there just gone 1, and it was packed!! However we found out that the boat party also runs on Mondays and Wednesdays, so as Hope was not exactly in a great way, we ended up changing our tickets for the Monday.

    We went and met the girls on the beach, but not long after they went for lunch. Hope and I chilled on the beach, then rented some snorkels (after my coral grazes we rented finns as well to help with the current!). We saw so many fish, and even saw 2 turtles!! We were so lucky!

    However, as I tried to swim out deeper towards the turtle to take a photo with the Go Pro, the current ended up pulling me so quickly to the side and to the other side of a big boat. So for about 10 minutes, Hope and I were panicking where the other one was haha!! Luckily all was fine. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing, before heading back.

    We had dinner at the hostel, then got ready to go out. As we went to the bar and had a few drinks (and complimentary shots), we saw Phoebe and Jess who said that they were going to have a chilled night so that they could do a snorkelling tour the following morning, and asked us to join. Seeing as we were so tired anyway, we decided to last minute have a chill night also, so we could have a big day the following day. Our roommate Mark was also having a chilled night, so we all ended up having the most in depth conversation about cockroaches, and then about poisonous animals (don't ask haha!)

    A chill night ended up being a wise choice!

    **** I need to add the go pro photos from snorkelling *******
    Read more