Satellite
  • Day 26

    Jiggy's Boat Party

    August 7, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Sunday morning we had to be up and out our room for 10 am as all of the dorms were booked up. However, Brendan (the Aussie man who owns the hostel) upgraded us to a queen sized double room for the same price - so we were super happy!

    We moved our stuff in next door. Then chilled out. We had a couple of hours before we had to make much movement for the boat party.

    At 12 ish, we knew that movement had to be done. Hope had a shower, and I went to the shop to buy some noodles and some smirn off ices (we had to start slow!). Then we had some of our vodka that was left over from the night before.

    We got ready, then Jess came over at 12.45 ish. We had a few drinks, and got prepped for the boat party. Seeing as Saturday, the queue was still so big at 1.45 (the boat party leaves at 2), we decided to take our time. So we drank more, and left at 1.25 ish to arrive at 1.40. However.... we got there and they had gone! It was so awkward. We just arrived there and it was empty besides one person (we knew at this point it must have been dead for the boat party to have left early). However, they called another boat to take us off (definitely knew it was dead), and a few more people also arrived.

    The boat party is usually full apparently (and saturdays was definitely full) however this only had about 60 people on. We weren't complaining though as we decided to use it as a chilled out few hours on a boat.

    They had a DJ and people were soon up dancing. We didn't buy many drinks as it was so expensive! We sat on the end and just enjoyed chilling. They had shots every now and again, and we stopped at a swim point a couple hours in where everyone was jumping off the deck which was fun!

    Jess was absolutely loving it - her dancing is hilarious! She was telling everyone that she only came to Bali for this boat party (which we later realised that this was true...?!??).

    We were just enjoying the sunset on the back, and watching everyone! It was a good day - but we were happy with a more chilled out afternoon rather than a heavy one like everyone else on the boat haha!

    After the boat, everyone was smashed, with some paralytic. However we were pretty sober, and just absolutely s t a r v I n g !!!! So we went to an Italian and both got a pizza.

    Overall a chilled out day! We made a boat party into a nice chilled boat ride and enjoyed the sunset, but it was perfect as it was just what we wanted!
    Read more