Satellite
  • Day 28

    Final day on Paradise

    August 9, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Wednesday really was our final full day - unfortunately!!!! :(

    We were so sad - we love Gili T so much!!!

    The morning was hilarious. As we went to bed quite early - we were up at 7 ... and of course still drunk! We had the funniest hour or so - both still drunk. Then went and had breakfast - and tried drinking smirnoff ices to delay the hangover

    We said goodbye to Jess in the morning (and apologised for not coming back out ... she didn't mind though!). She was off to Ubud. And we said goodbye to the boys who were off somewhere else (can't remember where!).

    We went back to Kayu Cafe ... sadly the hangover kicked in! We postponed our kayaking plans for the following morning (before catching the ferry .. which we booked for 3pm), and spent the whole day chilling out. We didn't think we could face the beach, so we stayed by the pool all day long.

    In the evening, our hangovers were better (luckily), so we went to Pituq cafe for dinner (recommended to us by the girls) - it was a cute little vegan cafe. It was so cute inside, and the menu did look great. We shared a number of starters as they all sounded good! We had the 7 veggie dip (fresh veg, tempeh and bread sticks with dips), bruschetta Israeli, potato rosti, tofu teriyaki and emping Belinha crackers). They were all lovely - but we didn't feel full. Vegan food is so nice, but I just couldn't imagine filling up on it (maybe that's just us!). It was a cute dinner experience though.

    After that, we paid 100 rupiah for some popcorn and ticket to watch a film on the beach (the film was Logan - which we both actually really enjoyed!). It was such a lovely final evening - sat on sunbeds on the beach watching a film on a massive screen. A great evening!!
    Read more