Satellite
  • Day 62

    Vaca Mode with our 1st visitors!

    May 18, 2022 on the Bahamas ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Been awhile since I have caught up on here...

    Honestly, we have just been enjoying ourselves our so much & we have had a couple visitors come that has helped us go on full vacation mode for the first time since we have been out here. Most of our friends/fam think we don't work out here but the funny thing is we work A LOT but when fam/friends come out we take advantage.

    A few weeks ago, my Dad and Ana flew into Stainel Cay, Exumas. We did so much in 6 days with them.
    - Saw the world famous Thunderbolt Grotto from the original James Bond movie. Probably one of the coolest underwater caves we will ever see! Coolest experience of the trip I must say.
    - Rented a golf cart to explore the island and did some hiking
    - Had the best Pina Coladas any of us had at the Stainel Cay Yacht Club!
    - Went spearfishing and got some hogfish for dindin. Carson shot a massive black grouper that bend the shaft of his poles tip. It would have been the biggest black grouper he has ever shot. We saw a broom tail grouper that we tried to get out of a whole but after 30 mins we eventually had to let him go. One of the coolest looking groupers!
    - Went hiking to a cave with little pink shrimp that tickled your toes.
    - Off Little Farmer's Cay we drift dove for 7 conch's and a couple lobster. I made some amazzzzzing tropical conch salads and conch chowder under our whoel full sailing day. We had the hardest time figuring out how to open and clean a conch but now we have mastered the processed. Thanks to our friend Sascha for the conch spot :)
    - Had dinner one night at the Ocean Cabin on Farmer's Cay. Literally felt like you were in someone's home. We were one of their two customers that night and you had to call in on the radio to make reservations. Bahamaian Mac n Cheese was our favvvvv
    - Hiked up the Monument in Great Exuma Cay where you could see the whole island and all the sailboats

    We had the best time with Ana & my Dad. Missing them like crazy already! When they left we got back on our work grind for a week before our besties Jessica & Kaylor came out. During that time, I got severely ill for 5 days. No need to go into those details, I hope to wipe those memories away. Thankfully, nurse Jes and my Mom helped guide me through what to do being out here on our own but on day 5, I had to have Carson take me to the hospital to get some antibiotics in Great Exuma. There was not a soul in sight in this hospital, it felt like we were in a Zombie movie. When we went in for testing, the nurse didn't collect any ID's or insurance cards then gave me had written medications to take home and let us walk out without collecting any $ from us! Really bazar! But also a refreshing experience unlike hospitals in the US that need $ upfront and insurance before they even see you. A couple days later and I was feeling back to myself again & J&K arrived to the Bahamas!

    Another trip for the books! Recap on our trip with J&K:
    - Hungout at Chat n Chill the first night
    - Hiked all the trails around the Momument
    - Sailed over to Long Island and on our way we caught a 5 foot 53 lb WAHOO!!!! Still my fav experience of this trip
    - Spearfished the next day and got like 7 different species of fish
    - Went to came Santa Marie bar on the island for drinks and complimentary conch fritters. They were serving us free drinks and shots so you could just imagine how that night ended. Let's just say we thought we lost our bag with passports, wallets and phones in it but it ended up being on our new friends boat that we went to later that night.
    - The next day, we went spearfishing on some huge, beautiful coral heads where we speared a ton of more fish. We had more fish then we knew what to do with. We had so much Wahoo to still eat that instead of eating the fresh fish we made Wahoo sushi rolls that was the fav dinner of the trip.
    - Rented a car one rainy day to explore Long Island and go visit Dean's Blue Hole. BREATHTAKING BLUE HOLE! Another fav of this trip.
    - We had the best conch salad at Max's Conch Shack where Mad Max (Gary) the owner gave us a bag of sea salt he scooped up from the islands beaches. That night we went out for dinner at Tiny's bar where we got pizza and wine. The owner there gave us some fruits we have never tried before, Guanabana and mini sugar bananas. They were delicious!
    - We sailed back to Little Great Exuma island and had our best spearfishing day out here yet. Speared MONSTER hogfish, yellowfin grouper and nassau grouper. The boys got harrassed my sharks trying to get Kaylor's massive hogfish out of a hole. Jessica probably added 5 years onto to her life after watching that, let's jsut say she was ready for some tequila drinks when we got back to the boat lol but Kaylor & Carson loved every sec of it.
    - That night, the boys built a beautiful bonfire on the beach and grilled our fish on the fire. It was magical.
    - Next day, we had a beautiful sail back to the main Great Exuma island with epic sailing conditions. We got to sail with our spinnaker the whole time going around 5.5 knots. On the last night with J&K we toasted to a great trip with wine, lobster chowder and homemade french bread.

    TRIPS OF A LIFETIME!
    Read more