Satellite
  • Day 228

    Bondi to Coogee beach walk

    April 22, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Today we went to Bondi Beach. It was not as busy as I'd expected it to be on a Saturday (1st photo is Bondi Beach) and the scenery around that area is lovely. We walked along the seafront and enjoyed watching some of the suffers trying to catch waves. We decided to do the coastal path walk from Bondi to Coogee Beach (around 6km). Solana napped in the sling for the first part of the walk, which meant we could get a few km under our belts. There were several nice beaches along the way and we stopped at Clovelly Beach for a picnic lunch and a swim/paddle in the sea. Many of the beaches here also have saltwater swimming pools and Laura & Solana tried one of those out too (much calmer than the sea!). Although Solana took some coaxing to complete the walk (especially after she fell and scraped her knee), the walk was lovely and the scenery fantastic, with another beautiful beach around almost every corner.

    We also moved accommodation today (our original place was too expensive for Saturday night but we managed to get a special deal at this one - only £80 for the night)). This apartment is lovely, very modern and with smart fittings. Best of all, it has a view of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge from the little balcony; granted, you have to almost hang off the balcony to see them but they're definitely visible (opera house in middle & top of bridge on right of the photo)! We're only here for one night, then we're off to stay with some friends of Laura's for a couple of days. before we fly West.
    Read more