Satellite
  • All Packed Up

    October 7, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Lots of hellos and goodbyes this week. Made it back to Quaker Men's Coffee, the Redwood Community, and Friend's Meeting. We also had some pleasant dinners with good friends. It has been nice being back.

    Augie and I got out paddling with friends Greg and Alexander. We headed out searching for Parasitic Jaegers and chanced into a pair of Humpback whales. I keep forgetting how much life there is out in the Monterey Bay.

    Spent a couple of days catching up with the yard work. Five hours using a Shop Vac to clean the copious dates from the gravel. One of those things one cannot possibly have imagined growing up in the Midwest. We've also set up a trellis for some new bougainvillea plants.

    Augie has been busy setting things up for Saigon and studying for the GRE. We now have an Airbnb with a nice balcony street view and parking for our bikes. $25 per night.
    https://abnb.me/X9Ayp6PpPQ
    We'll spend the first three nights there before beginning our ride north.
    Funny, the last time we were on motorcycles together was in Sri Lanka with Sophie and Nancy. We'll be missing them on this adventure. Here's a link to remember that epic trip!
    https://hansandnancy.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/r…

    Yesterday I surprised Nancy with a Nespresso machine. It is just like the machines we used in Amsterdam and Ghent the past couple of summers. We've been together pretty much every day for the past two years of traveling. I figure about 770 out of 780 days. It will seem strange to be on the road without her. We've grown dependent on one another as we've been traveling. I'm sure she's feeling a bit off being left behind too. Good thing I'll be traveling with Augie and at least she'll have really good coffee!

    Flights leave Wednesday out of SFO. Next note will be from Ho Chi Minh City!

    Tạm biệt
    Hans
    Read more