Satellite
  • Adina's Pupuseria

    June 12, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌫 21 °C

    So. It's been awhile. Lots of pleasant memories being made, but today was special. Our friend Adina Quintanilla from La Libertad, Salvador came by to teach us how to properly make pupusas.

    It was a blast!

    Here's the recipe:
    Maseca Flour
    1/2 Bag Maseca
    Water
    Pour into wet bowl and manipulate while adding water to consistency of thick peanut butter.

    Tomato Salsa 2QT
    6 Large Tomatoes
    1 Onion
    1 Garlic
    Salt
    2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
    Boil Tomatoes and 1/2 Onion in half gallon of water for 5 minutes. Puree in blender with Garlic, and salt to taste. Add Vinegar.
    SAVE HOT WATER

    Repollo
    1 head regular Cabbage
    1 Onion
    1 Tbs Oregano
    1 Carrot
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Salt
    Shred Cabbage. Carrots, and Onion very thin. Add them to large bowl with Oregano and Salt to taste. Add saved hot water and steep for 5 minutes or so. Add Cider Vinegar to taste.

    Pork Filling
    1 lb chili ground Pork
    Tomato Sauce (Above)
    Cook until lightly browned and stir in Tomato Sauce until it holds together a bit.

    Veggie Cheese Filling
    1 Bunch Spinach
    2 larger Zucchini
    2 lb Shredded Monterey Jack
    Shred spinach and grate Zucchini.
    Add a handful of water to cheese to make it glommy.

    Assembly
    Use water on hands to pat a squash ball sized bit of Masa into flat disc a little smaller than a yogurt container lid.
    Add filling of choice.
    Pinch edges of masa up, around, and over filling until closed.
    Flatten into disc about the size of a yogurt container lid.
    Fry each side on griddle at medium high until lightly browned

    Serving
    Top with Tomato Sauce and Rebollo. Scream, Avocado, Tapatillo and a light Lager optional.

    Enjoy!
    Read more