Satellite
  • Day 1

    Melbourne

    March 3, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    So my solo adventure begins! The sudden sense of freedom I felt was quite overwhelming as I land in Melbourne. I have a sudden realisation that I am on the other side of the world in unknown territory on my own with no solid plan... wow, am I crazy?! I was of course excited but also anxious as eventhough i felt like I was prepared and had no doubt this is what I wanted to do, I don't think anything can prepare you when you step out of your comfort zone like this!

    I fell in love with Melbourne for a number of reasons. The city itself has such a nice vibe to it with lots of hidden side streets and tucked away arcades which are buzzing with popular cafes in which most of them would serve 'brunch'. I definitely took advance of the brunch culture eating rather a lot of avocado and pouched eggs on sourdough, so good! There always seemed to be a cultural event or festival of some sort going on and whilst I was there it was the food & wine festival held on the yarra river.

    The botanic gardens were stunning as well as all the parkland around the city with my particular favourite spot being Fitzroy Gardens, it's so nice to be in a city but to also find some escapism so easily.
    Read more