Satellite
  • Day 758

    On the road again....

    July 3, 2019 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    After spending a great time in the UK visiting family and friends, as well as servicing and MOT's, it was time to hit the road again.

    A quick Dover - Calais crossing on a beautiful sunny day and then along a busy coast road towards Belgium, destination Antwerp. We were surprised at just how busy the traffic was, lorry after lorry transporting goods between the UK, France, Germany and Holland alone. It was slow going around Antwerp and we arrived at the Camperpark to be checked in by a guy who wasn't wearing a shirt (well, it was a hot day) but what he lacked in clothing was made up for by upper-body tattoos and a right nipple piercing! Despite being on the outskirts of the city, right next to the exhibition centre, the site was amazingly quiet and had plenty of greenery and lots of wild rabbits.

    The reason for us heading to Antwerp was so that Chris could meet up with Frederic Konincxx, an old work colleague and Belgium Lotus car dealer, whom he had not seen for 20 years! Not that it made any difference as they chatted away as though they had only seen each other last week, as Frederic showed us around his showroom and cars.

    That evening we had dinner together with Veronique, Frederic's partner, in an Italian restaurant in the grounds of an old castle. The food was amazing and we had a lovely evening together promising to keep in touch.
    Read more