Satellite
  • Day 46

    Torres del Paine

    March 20, 2017 in Chile ⋅ 🌙 29 °C

    After having only spent 3 days in Chile, all I can say is I LOVE CHILE. It's by far the most beautiful place I've been on this trip.

    The actual journey into Chile was a bit of a faff as crossing the border took 3 hours whilst the immigration police ransacked people's bags looking for fruit, cheese and meat (but ironically no mention of drugs or guns). After that it was pretty much plain sailing to Punta Arenas and then Puerto Natales, the base for Torres Del Paine.

    I've spent the last 5 days (4 nights) camping in Torres Del Paine, one of Chile's national parks, as I've been hiking the famous W trek which is about 75km walking and I was so lucky to be blessed with such good weather (after hearing horror stories about how bad the wind/ rain/ snow can be!).

    I won't bore you with all the details because it will literally make no sense to anyone who hasn't been, but it was 5 days of intense walking with a big rucksack, camping and chilling in the refugios, meeting some really nice people, having jokes along the way and seeing some of the beautiful nature and countryside that Chile has to offer - it's truly serene/ still/ out of this world. Next off I'm back into Argentina to El Calafate, for one of my last stops in Patagonia before I head back up north where hopefully it's a lot warmer.
    Read more