Satellite
  • Day 178

    Antigua

    July 30, 2017 in Guatemala ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We got on the bus. Celebrations! It was still pretty stressful, with the bus company overselling tickets, meaning they had to 2 people in 1 seat. But we got on the bus to Antigua!

    9 hours later, we got there in pretty high spirits and cooked some homemade couscous and started pre-drinking ready for our night out: the infamous Saturday Antigua pool party.

    I don't exactly know what went wrong - I'd like to think it was because I had become used to drinking the watered down alcohol at Zephyr Lodge for the past four nights - but I definitely drank far too much and remember too little. What I do remember I think I would rather forget.

    The next morning, after a few sore heads, we got together to try and piece together what happened last night over breakfast. We then headed out to the local artisan market and they must of seen us coming because between us we bought the whole place. After we had lunch at Bagel Barn and then decided to go to the supermarket to get snacks for Acetenango.

    That night we went out for pasta to fill our stomachs and debated whether it was possible we could get hypothermia on the mountain the next day.

    All in all, Antigua was short but sweet.
    Read more