Satellite
  • Day 185

    Chetumal

    August 6, 2017 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Arriving in Chetumal, I was like a deflated balloon. I was pretty miserable and at a crossroads. The holiday was over - I was exhausted and wanted to go home - and I didn't know what to do next.

    I booked myself into a hotel, reasoning it would have good wifi, so I could go on the internet and devise a POA. Of course, the wifi was rubbish and hard to search for anything. I decided I would have a good night's sleep and if I still felt the same the next day, that I was ready to go home, then I would book a flight.

    The next day I was still felt the same and booked my flight for the next Wednesday, home from Cancun. This would give me a few days to see Mexico and do some of things I wanted to do before going back to London.

    My first stop in Mexico was a twenty minute drive across the border to the town of Chetumal. It seemed like an okay place, but not much of a tourist stop. The people were very friendly and seemed interested that tourists were staying in their town (you got a lot of stares). I didn't do much here apart from have a good night's sleep, get my first taste of Mexican cuisine with huevos rancheros at breakfast, before heading to the ADO bus stop to catch the 6-hour bus to Cancun.
    Read more