Satellite
  • Day 9

    Seattle

    May 23, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    Early morning wakeup again at 5am and room service light breakfast (just english muffins and coffee). We had done the Luggage Direct option which for $19.95, will pick your luggage up from your stateroom on Friday night/Saturday morning and checks it through the airport right through to the corral in Boston.

    We disembarked and took a cab to the Space Needle. We hung around and walked around the folklife festival setup until 10am when our brunch started. We got a free ride up to the top of the Space needle.

    Brunch was very good and worth the cost. At brunch, the table rotated 360 degrees for view of skyline. We got admission to the observation deck afterwards. The views (not surprisingly) were phenomenal. We took photos and selfies and wandered around the deck for about an hour before making our way to the Chihuly Garden and Glass. Some members of the group had to go to the airport for a 3pm flight but we were happy to have the extra time in Seattle.

    The Glass gardens were amazing. The first half was a series of dark rooms with a piece of glass-blown sculptures in different arrangements. The second half was an outdoor garden with more blown glass pieces decorating the landscape. They had a glass blowing demonstration at 1:15 that was really neat to watch. After the gardens we rode the monorail to Pike Place Market again. We spent the next two hours wandering around and seeing the sights we saw the week before. We did buy some copper river sockeye salmon for $33.99/lb (prepared) which they packaged into an airtight box for us to bring home on the plane.

    Exhausted, we jumped on the light rail and rode to the airport earlier than we expected. We were all tired and just ready to go home and relax. We got dinner at the airport at Anthony's and waited in the terminal for our flight at 10:50pm. It was an nonstop Jet Blue flight to Boston which was uneventful. We mostly slept on the way home and the flight took under 5 hours. Back in Boston on Sunday morning, we took a shared van back to Nana's house and Auntie Diane drove us home!
    Read more