Satellite
  • Day 84

    Montevideo

    March 28, 2018 in Uruguay ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We arrived in Montevideo Monday night and checked in to Ukulele hostel which is beautiful! I really liked it.

    Tuesday morning we started the day with walking the costanera. It was a nice walk with a lot of people fishing along the costanera. We had lunch in the port market here, which is a nice but touristy place with a lot of parilla (barbecue). We went on a walking tour of the old city. I went with the English talking guide and Jonathan with the Spanish group. We were only two people with the English guide. It was an interesting tour with a lot of facts and history about Uruguay. In Uruguay there is laws for equality, abortion and marijuana is legal. The old city is beautiful with a lot of nice buildings. I like the vibe in Uruguay, everything is super tranquilo - even in the big city!

    Wednesday we went to a beach called Pocitos. The water is not clear, but it was a nice beach. It's my first beach day since the one day I had in Pucon. It was lovely! After the beach we went to Parque Rodo and chilled out for a bit. We later went to the bus station and got a ticket for Minas tomorrow. I also got myself a new phone, yay! Ended up buying a Xioami, whatever that is. It will probably do the job, even though I miss my iPhone sometimes.

    Montevideo has been nice! I am going back for the weekend to hang out with my friend Rafael that is coming over from Buenos Aires.
    Read more