Satellite
  • Day 1

    We've finally set off

    April 28, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We set off from our house on Friday. It was sad to say goodbye Zack (my dog) Rosie and Rogan (the cats). But we are glad that Issie is here to look after all the animals and the house. Then we drove up and got on the spirit of Tasmania in Devonport. When we woke up the next morning we were in Melbourne then in the afternoon we went to see Carlton V Sydney with Tahi and his dad.
    On Sunday we were headed for Narrandera. We stopped at the Murray river for lunch and for a little fish in it. The Murray river is the border between NSW and Victoria. On Monday we stayed at Dubbo then the next day we went to the zoo and had a day at the zoo. On Wednesday we set off for Goondiwindi. On the way we saw some cotton along the side of road and there was a big cotton farm next to the road and there was also big trucks with cotton bails on them. We learnt a little bit about cotton and how it grows and that it is important that we have bees to help grow the cotton so if we didn't have bees we wouldn't have undies. We just stopped at a rest area for the night. Today (Thursday) we are staying at my uncles farm in Boompa. So far we have driven 2200 km averaging 314.3 km a day we have driven for 29 hours averaging 248 minutes and 30 seconds. My favourite part of this week was when we went to the football. Because Carlton won 97 to 78. After the game there was an after game celebration for members and I got my ball signed by most of the Carlton players.
    By Ben Callaway
    Read more