Satellite
  • Day 43

    AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Week

    June 9, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    On Friday morning we went to the rodeo and saw the campdraft. In the campdraft you need to chase a cow around an obstacle course on your horse.
    Then we drove to a place called Gregory Downs and we stayed 3 nights there.
    On the first day there we didn't do much then on Saturday we went to Lawn Hill National Park and went on a bush walk along the side of Lawn Hill Gorge River which was a cool turquoise colour.
    On the way back we decided to go for a swim which was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was really good because there was multiple waterfalls and there were lots of cool fish. We also jumped off the platform.
    On Sunday we went up to a swing someone had made and we swung off it then floated down the Gregory River on our boogie boards. My favourite bit about that was when we went in a rainforest bit that you can't see from the camp site. I also liked the really fast rapids just before our campsite.
    That evening we lit a fire and stuffed ourselves full with peanuts.
    The next day we were headed for a place in the Northern Territory called Frewena. That afternoon we went to Devils Marbles which was another thing that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because we could climb on them and the sunset over them was awesome!
    On Tuesday we arrived in Alice Springs and when we set up the tent we went in the pool. I mean in the four pools the first pool is heated but only 50cm deep 2 of the others are the size of normal pools except they're heated as well and the fourth pool is freezing except at the bottom of a giant water slide. There was also a bouncy pillow and a few playgrounds which Erin and I played on all of them the three days we were there.
    Read more