Satellite
  • Day 106

    Kununurra and Doon Doon

    August 11, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Friday 11-8
    We got up to find Bronte with red dots all over her face, arms and legs. Ben and Michelle decided to take her to the doctor. When we arrived at Kununurra mum did the groceries while Erin, dad and I went shopping for: a new fishing rod for me, a new reel for Erin, a coffee pot for mum and a drink bottle for dad. We got all those things except the coffee mug for mum plus we got me some new goggles. When we got back to the shopping centre mum said that she had seen Ben and Molly and she also said that the doctor thought that Bronte had got measles.
    We finished our shopping and drove to the hospital and saw Ben and Molly walking out from it. They said that, until Wednesday, they have to stay in the hotel. So we thought “Come on! they get air conditioning and a pool.” That night we stayed at Doon Doon roadhouse. A big road train came in while we were at the toilet and mum was taking photos of it when the driver came out of the shop and he said we could look inside the cabin. It was really cool inside it. There was the bit that they sit in and drive from and then behind that was his bed and he also had a fridge, a freezer and a microwave. He said that he used to have a television except when he was sleeping it fell down onto his feet.
    Read more