Satellite
  • Day 108

    Purnululu Domes

    August 13, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Sunday 13-8
    We decided to do half of the Domes Loop then go to Cathedral Gorge. After that we’ll go out to Piccaninni Creek lookout then go and do the other half of the domes walk, go back to camp and put tea in the dreampot so after the sunset walk we can come home to a warm tea. The domes were all shapes and sizes and some of them had been split in half. There was a little path off the track that led to a very small pool that had some fish in it.
    When we were near Cathedral Gorge we could start to hear some music. When we got in, it looked like a lady was playing an instrument and it was echoing off the walls but one of the tour guides had just put a speaker on one of the ledges and was playing music from that. The gorge was really cool (the temperature one) and it looked good as well.
    We made the mistake of doing the cooler walk into the gorge first and then the hot walk up to the lookout in the hot part of the day. The lookout looked out over the Bungle Bungles and that was a good photo to take and it was almost better than what a helicopter flight would've been.
    We arrived at the sunset spot just in time to see it disappearing over the horizon. We did some silhouette photos which look great.
    Read more