Satellite
  • Day 111

    El Questro Gorge

    August 16, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    Wednesday 16-8
    We are excited because we're doing El Questro Gorge and we had high expectations of it. We got there and set off. Our first real obstacle was a rock that was in the middle of the path. We realised there would be lots of them.
    Our next obstacle was a pool that, at the deepest part was about 1.5 metres deep. In other words 20 cm above my head. The obstacle thing about it was that we had to swim through it with our packs on, but we had electrical equipment in our packs. Of course Ben and dad would wade through the water with the packs above their heads and then pass them to me.
    It wasn't easy getting up out of the really deep pool (the same one as before) beacause we had to do a spider climb on the complete other side of the pool to what we started.
    From then on it was easy UNTIL we came to a waterfall that we had to climb up. It WAS like a set of stairs but it had water running down it which didn't help.
    We got to the Falls (spectacular) and had lunch and a swim then walked back. On the way back we saw a snake and at the obstacle pool there was a ledge that we were all trying to get up except no one could until I came and shinned my way up to victory! I did it only once more before we had to go.
    Read more