Satellite
  • Day 29

    Huaraz & Laguna 69

    November 5, 2018 in Peru ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    After flying back from Iquitos to Lima, we took a bus to Huaraz.

    At first Benjamin was a little sick, so we decided to take a first lazy day there, exploring the city and sleeping a lot.
    The city is a bit smaller, but nonetheless it was super lively, since there were some holidays in Peru.

    At our second day, we did a little and easy hike for acclimatization. We went to a small lake near Chiwipampa and enjoyed a stunning view and the nature by laying in the grass and breathing fresh air.

    Our next hike was more tough. We did a tour to the Laguna 69, which is at an altitude of over 4,000 meters.
    The hike itself was beautiful! It was one of the nicest landscapes we‘ve seen so far in Peru! Very green, many small and colorful lakes, small water“streets“ everywhere and peacefully eating cows.
    At the lake, you could just sit on the rocks and enjoy the amazing view and listen to the ice crack in the glacier above.
    On the 2-hours- way down, Beni could even take his shoes off.

    We loved the hike but it had one downside: as we returned to our hostel, some horrible headache showed up. Later I was feeling quite nausea. Thankfully, I could suppress all with medication and we were planning to go to the coast next.
    Read more