Satellite
  • Day 38

    Montañita & Ayampe

    November 14, 2018 in Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    So we finally crossed the border to Ecuador after spending almost five weeks in Peru.
    And as I said before, Beni and I were in beach-mode. So we decided to skip Guayaquil and just head directly to the coast and Montañita.
    Known as a party and surf town, Montañita was fulfilling exactly those expectations. Lots of clubs and neon, but also a really nice beach with nice waves.
    We spent some nice time there, strolling through the streets and shops, drinking delicious coffee and surfing a little. We skipped the parties and had a „Sinner Season 2“ Netflix marathon during the nights and were perfectly happy with it.

    Our next stop was Ayampe, a small (really small!) village 30-minutes-away from Montañita. And what can I say? We found our favorite place in Ecuador.
    We planned on staying one night and ended up spending four and skipping the rest of our plans for the shore.
    The small village provided all that you needed: the best waves and boards so far, a lovely yoga studio with delicious muffins nearby, small shops with fresh fruit, plenty of delicious restaurants and the most lovely guesthouse (Vistamar). We didn’t want to leave!
    Read more