Satellite
  • Just swingin' along @ Kootenai Falls, MT

    September 14, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    We decided to push on a few hours after Glacier to reach Sandpoint, ID so that the last push to Seattle wasn't quite as long. Cue more dirt sections of US 2.

    I'd read about Kootenatai Falls and the "rickety" swinging bridge in my trusty "Road Trips USA" guidebook (it came in handy, so there!) and eagle-eye Trini spotted the turn out and whipped into it. What a fun excursion! We hiked about .3 miles to the recently upgraded swinging bridge and headed over it to grab a view of the falls from the other side. What's not to love about swinging bridges over amazingly blue-green water and a great view of a lovely waterfall?! The hike itself was gorgeous as well.

    After I pried Trini away from the very cute lab puppy, off we went to Sandpoint, ID, our stop for the night. Once again, ol' eagle eye spotted one of the critters we'd been dying to see on the trip. The fuzzy antlery thing in the 6th pic is a moose! So cool!! We have one last chance to see a bear tomorrow. "Hey Bear!" (It worked for the moose...why not a bear?).

    One more sleep before Seattle!
    Read more