Satellite
  • Day 1

    united states

    March 28, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    ROLE OF SUPPLEMENTAL AERATION IN AQUACULTURE

    Sustainable and Healthy ecosystem of water bodies depend upon adequate amount of oxygen dissolved in its water. The health and metabolic rates of aquatic animals and aquatic life are affected by concentration of oxygen in rearing environment. Depleting dissolved oxygen levels in water can cause various problems in ecosystem of water bodies such as causing septic muck and creating dead zone on the lake-bottom followed by vicious cycle which can also kill the water body slowly. Low levels of dissolved oxygen in water can also decrease respiration and feeding activities of aquatic animals such as fishes, shrimps and many more which can slow their growth process. Many fungal infections and diseases are also result of low level of oxygen. All these problems can affect the growth and health of aquatic animals and can severely affect the business of fish, seafood farmers. https://moleaer.com/project/aerobic-sludge-dige… which means adding up or raising the levels of oxygen in water bodies artificially is an important solution for all these problems. An important role of Supplement Aeration in aquaculture has been discussed below.

    USE OF SUPPLEMENT AERATION IN FISH REARING
    Supplemental Aeration of oxygen in water body is very useful in many ways. All the problems caused by lack of adequate amount of dissolved oxygen in water such as slow growth, poor health, fungal infections and many other diseases can be solved by increasing levels of oxygen concentration in water by adoption any of the methods of Supplemental Aeration. With rise in oxygen levels dissolved in water growth of fishes start flourishing in a healthy environment and fish farmers can achieve high possible survival rates under ideal breeding conditions earn better yields and profits.

    USE OF SUPPLEMENTAL AERATION IN SHRIMP FARMING
    Metabolic rates and health of shrimps is seriously affected by oxygen concentration dissolved in water which is their rearing environment. Low levels of oxygen dissolved in water can affect the respiration and feeding activities of shrimps. It can severely affect the growth and percentages of stock as low level oxygen causes many diseases, fungal infections and slow rate of growth. Supplemental Aeration is ensures the increase in both quality as well as quantity of shrimp growth. Highest possible levels of survival and optimum breeding conditions can be achieved with rising levels of oxygen concentration in water.

    Supplemental Aeration is also very beneficial for maintaining sustainable ecosystem of lakes and ponds by increasing concentration of oxygen in these water bodies and protecting them from nutrient-laden anaerobic muck which can slowly kill the water body completely.
    Read more