Satellite
  • Day 4

    Ubud Day 2

    December 27, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Up early today for some exploring! We decided to go to Alchemy for breakkie which is raw food vegan place with lovely decor!

    We got a driver from out hotel to take us to the Tegalalang rice fields which was lovely. Drove through the forest-y area which is very pretty. The rice fields are very touristy but we got there early so it wasn’t too busy. Our driver gave us some education in different types of rice which Fran was very interested in!

    He then offered to take us to a coffee farm on the way back so we did that- we saw how coffee was grown and also saw some Luwak’s which are small raccoon-like animals which eat the coffee beans and then poo them out which apparently makes for a very nice coffee. We didn’t try this one but they did give us lots of types of coffee and tea to try.

    We then got dropped off at the monkey forest where they have lots of monkeys (unsurprisingly). We were slightly nervous as apparently the monkeys can get a bit aggressive but we managed to come off unscathed! We also saw some super cute baby monkeys 🐒

    It started raining while we were there so we went as had lunch. It didn’t stop so we stayed there for awhile until our spa appointment that we had booked yesterday. It was a 2 hour massage, body scrub and body mask which was amazing!! (DeLa spa)

    We then walked home and freshened up before going to Zest for dinner (veggie restaurant nearby)
    Read more