Satellite
  • Day 47

    Surabaya -> Cemoro Lawang

    February 8, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After our planning yesterday we needed to make the plan work! We decided to order a Grab all the way there (3 hours ish) but were a little worried that it might not work, but all went without a hitch!

    Made it to our guesthouse by about 1ish so had some lunch in a lovely little cafe and then headed off towards the crater. There’s two things to walk to at - Bromo itself where you go onto the crater an the viewpoint on another hill (called King Kong hill). The general system is to go to the viewpoint for sunrise and then to the crater just after, but we’d read that the crater is also good in the afternoon so we decided to do that. We also had some tips from a guy at lunch about avoiding the 320,000 entrance fee by taking a back route so we also did this! Great walk and the crater was amazing- being that close to an active volcano was pretty incredible but also a bit scary!

    Walked back to town and then had some chips and a beer before freshening up and having dinner. Bumped into a few people we’d seen before including the Spanish guy from Bajawa and then went to bed very early as we’re up at 3.30 tomorrow!!
    Read more