Satellite
  • Day 74

    Koh Tao take 2 day 2

    March 6, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Holly and George arrive today! They were on the early boat from Koh Samui so they actually arrived while we were having breakfast. Caught up with them by the pool in the morning and then headed off on a taxi boat to Koh Nang Yuan- a small island off the shore of Koh Tao. It’s actually 3 islands connected by 2 sandbars, id been here with Kate in 2012 and knew we needed to go back!

    The taxi boat was quite fun, very small boat and we saw a turtle on the surface! So cute!

    The island has an amazing viewpoint so we walked up to that first, so sweaty! But totally worth it as the view is amazing! Then we jumped in the water and did some snorkelling, sunbathing and had lunch. Headed back about 4 and then showered and went into Sairee beach for the evening. Had a delicious dinner at a small place- the best Massaman curry I’ve ever had! Then had a few drinks on the beach in a chill place and wandered down to the bigger bars that had fire throwers and buckets- we’d found out today that the full moon party had been cancelled due to Coronavirus so I thought we better get a bucket just in case it was our only chance! Headed home about 1.
    Read more