Satellite
  • Day 7

    Milligan's Island camping

    May 26, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Our next stop along the way was at Milligan's Island, situated just north of Greenhead. The drive there was very easy and relaxed, until Elvira took over driving duties for a part of the trip. Elvira seemed calm and relaxed, but her passenger was digging heels into the floor and the finger mark indentations on the arm rest are still there!!
    Anyway, we arrived safe and sound, although it took a bit of searching to find the place. It is quite remote, despite not being far from Greenhead. Not helped due to no Comms in the area, and google maps not cooperating. Must remember to download off-line maps for the area.
    The camp is a free camp, from the point of view of no water or power. Cost $15 though. But it is well laid out. Spacious sites, good drop loos and camp kitchen. Right next to the beach. You feel you are in the middle of nowhere.
    We had a great time, a relaxing time. Walks on the beach. A trip to Greenhead and Jurien. Etc, etc.
    Put our portable solar panels to use for the first time. We were lucky with sunny days and the panels worked well.
    Some amazing sunsets whilst we were at Milligan's. A great place to get away from it all. Apparently busy during holiday weekends, but the rest of the time, easy to get in.
    Highly recommended.
    Read more