Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Downtown Daylesford

    February 7, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    Fourth stop on a road trip around Victoria.

    We overnighted in Queanbeyan before meeting our friends the Claytons and driving down to Metung - a most picturesque little village on the Gippsland Lakes, via lunch in Mallacoota. Metung, surrounded on three sides by the Gippsland Lakes and with a great waterfront pub, was a perfect start to the trip.

    From Metung we explored the Lakes area, taking in the brewery at Bruthen and some scraggly koalas on Raymond Island.

    Then we left the coast and did the spectacular drive through Omeo up over the range through Dinner Plain and Mount Hotham and back down the roller coaster to Bright - leafy, pleasant and beautifully situated on the Ovens River.

    A single night in Bright and an easy day on the road finally brought us to Daylesford, where we have based ourselves for two days.

    We have explored the very pleasant township, positively flayed ourselves with bric a brac markets, taken in the gardens and the lake and had a great pizza for dinner with live piano music setting the atmosphere.

    Next stop will be Port Fairy, and some jazz.
    Read more