Satellite
  • Day 3

    Disneyland, Anaheim, LA

    June 29, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    This definitely needs a post all of it's own! I know everyone says Disneyland is the "happiest place on earth", but my day at Disneyland really was hands down one of the best days of my life that I can recall so far <3 Emma and I were both SUPER excited to go, and I'm pleased that I've had to wait until my adult years to go as I think things like this you really do appreciate even more when you've had to wait and work hard for them. Discovering Disneyland for the first time with Emma-Kate was awesome as we were both keen to take things in as much as possible, and shared each other's excitement in the finer details of everything and the pure magic of the place. We were both very impressed at what a well oiled machine all of Disneyland is. Normally I can pick fault/think of better ways of running lots of things better, but Disneyland really had thought of everything to make everyone's days run as smoothly and magically as possible; right from the car parking system, to the way the cues worked, to the crowd control at the main street parade. Speaking of the Main Street Parade, I absolutely loved it! Was a definite highlight. And we almost missed it! Oh how I'd love to be able to perform in it. I enjoyed the "It's a Small World" ride much more than what I thought I would considering how old fashioned it is now. I had to do it though because I knew it was one of my Grandma's favourites. It really was still magic and very clever though! One of Mum's favourites I knew was the Peter Pan ride, so that was cool doing that for her too and it was actually really fun! Lots of the rides were quite basic, but they were made in such magical way that just made you feel so HAPPY! The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was INCREDIBLE. That ended up being Emma's favourite I think. We had to line up for it for ages but it was definitely worth it. Really did make you feel like you were in the movie/living in that creepy time. I really really loved Tarzan's treehouse too. Always have a soft spot for that movie/story, and again it just made me believe that I was Jane! Wish my brother Mike had been there to experience it with me though as he and I use to watch Tarzan together. There's so much that I could keep writing about! I really hope I remember this day forever. What Walt Disney believed in and achieved truly was amazing, and I'm so pleased that he did it! When I got to London I watched a documentary on Walt Disney to add to my knowledge on him, and having now experienced Disneyland myself it was awesome to hear and see all about how he managed to bring that magical world to life! I've tried to recall everything we did in roughly the order we did it.......
    - Sleeping Beauty Castle
    - Peter Pan ride
    - Dumbo ride
    - Mikey Mouse toon town
    - It's A Small World ride
    - Watched a little bit of the Beauty and the Beast play
    - Meet the Princesses (Snow White, Ariel and Sleeping Beauty)
    - Had lunch at Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday cafe
    - Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter's Tea Party spinning teacups ride
    - Finding Nemo ride
    - Main Street Parade
    - Magic Mountain ride (might have that name wrong???)
    - Indiana Jones Jungle Cruise
    - Tarzan's Treehouse
    - Pirates of the Caribbean ride
    - Winnie the Pooh ride
    - Documentary about Abraham Lincoln
    - Dinner at the New Orleans restaurant with live band
    - Main Streep Lights show
    Read more