Satellite
  • Aloha

    October 23, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Dave and I are off on our biggest trip ever. Since the flight to Australia is so long, we have opted to stop in Hawaii for a few days. We got to the north shore of Oahu on Sunday. It is a part of Hawaii I wasn't in when I came a few years ago with my sisters. But it is very familiar none-the-less. It is what you see in every surfing movie or video. The day was hot and sunny and there were lots of people on the beaches and in surfing. You don't swim at the surfing beaches because of the rip waves that would pull you under. We thought the waves were impressive yesterday. At this time of year they start to get bigger. But the waves today were HUGE as a storm came in. We talked to one surfer where the waves were really rolling and he said "only experts here".
    Dave is pictured at our vrbo apartment a block from the ocean, having a cold one in the tiki hut behind the house. We walked over to the beach for sunset. I think a good title for that picture would be "I guess we have to go home. It's getting dark".
    We did some roaming around and went to shops in Haleiwa Town today before the rain got heavy and sent us back home. Who says Josh Donaldson is the bringer of rain? We can bring more rain than him any day. After all we turned Palm Springs from a desert to a river last January.
    Read more