Satellite
  • Day 11

    Cairo

    March 15, 2020 in Egypt ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Our Egyptian odyssey begins at the amazing Great Pyramids of Giza and the nearby Sphinx. At 500 feet high and 750 feet wide at its base, the Great Pyramid of Khufu (Cheops) is breathtaking man-made structure, built from enormous stone blocks with a white limestone covering. Together with the smaller pyramids, the sight of these huge structures is unforgettable. Had lunch at nearby restaurant overlooking the Pyramids. Afterwards, visit the ancient capital of Memphis and the famous Step Pyramid of Sakkara. Just found out that Jordan has closed its borders and that part of the journey has cancelled. Our TAD will continue the Egypt portion of the trip and all Australian will be asked to return to Oz. Not happy! At this point we were given conflicting information regarding continuation for foreigners to complete the tour before they get home and closure of Cairo airport next Thursday from midday. We were advised by The Tour guy that we should continue on our tour but we fly out of Cairo to Luxor the next morning.

    Letter from TAD

    TripADeal has been following the developments of your tour very closely and we thank you for your patience while we make arrangements to resolve this unprecedented situation. According to the latest updates on Smartraveller and the Jordan Tourism Board, as Australian citizens, you are still allowed to enter the country of Jordan by air. However, based on the experience of a previous tour group being denied boarding to their flight to Jordan, we have reluctantly decided to organise a flight home for you at the end of the Egypt portion of your tour. We view this is the best approach as we don’t want anyone stuck in a foreign country and unable to get home. This scenario has played out on many other tours around the world, with some groups finding it extremely difficult to organise return travel to Australia. You can choose to proceed but there is a very strong chance you may not be able to get home in a timely manner.
    Read more